Electricity Level II – Understand heating, outlets and light fixtures without blowing up the whole neighborhood
Did you find the Level 1 electricity course interesting and would you like to learn more?
In this 3-hour workshop, we’ll cover the following topics to take your knowledge even further:
– Integrating the concepts of voltage (volt) for 120v and 240v circuits
– Understanding the difference between current (amperes) and power (watts)
– Calculate loads and evaluate maximum and circuit loads
– Move or add outlets/switches
– Troubleshoot two-switch circuits that don’t work or work poorly
– Troubleshoot a circuit with a thermostat for electric heaters
– Install a home automation kit accessible via the Internet
– Master the tool for real-time monitoring of electrical equipment consumption
– Fix the most common minor problems
Skills required: Completion of electricity level 1.
N.B: You should always call on a CMEQ-certified master electrician for electrical work on your home. This workshop does not allow you to do any work yourself.
The cost of the workshop includes all materials and most likely some great discoveries!
Are you a past maker? Tell us what you thought of your experience.
Pick a date
None of these dates work for you?
Be one of the first to learn about upcoming classes as they become available.