Our assembly course is designed to help you deepen your knowledge of woodworking, and to help you make the right decisions when building a piece of furniture without screws and nails. Assembly is fundamental to the success of furniture construction.
Over the course of 6 sessions, you will learn to be precise, patient, and meticulous by using manual tools and machines to achieve different assembly techniques.
- Day 1:
- Introduction to the different assemblies you will make during the course.
- Sharpening chisels with an oil stone and water stone
- Using hand tools such as wood chisels, back saws, and woodworker’s measuring instruments such as the trusquin and the square.
- Understanding the jigs on the saw bench to make joints
- Day 2: Mortise and tenon joint
- Day 3: Half-joint joint
- Day 4: Finger joint
- Day 5: Dovetail joint
- Day 6: Continuation of previous joints and practice on a joint of your choice.
Skills required: It is recommended that you have already participated in a wood induction workshop, or a wood course with us before joining this course.
In addition to the 6 sessions, this course gives you free access to 10 hours of independent workshop time to advance your project between sessions. And everyone will leave with a set of 4 ¼, ½, ¾ and 1″ chisels to practice on!
For the course starting in September, the sessions will take place on Friday November 11th, 18th, 25th and December 2th, 9th and 16th – from 6 pm to 9 pm.
Are you a past maker? Tell us what you thought of your experience.
Pick a date
None of these dates work for you?
Be one of the first to learn about upcoming classes as they become available.