The assembly course is there to deepen your knowledge of woodworking, to choose and make the right assembly when building a piece of furniture without screws and nails. The choice of a good assembly is fundamental to the success of furniture construction.
During 6 sessions, we will learn to be precise, patient and meticulous by using manual tools and machines to achieve different assembly techniques.
- Day 1:
- Presentation of the different assemblies we will make during the course.
- Sharpening chisels with an oil stone and water stone
- Using hand tools such as wood chisels, back saws and woodworker’s measuring instruments such as the trusquin and the square.
- Understanding the jigs on the saw bench to make joints
- Day 2: Mortise and tenon joint
- Day 3: Half-joint joint
- Day 4: Finger joint
- Day 5: Dovetail joint
- Day 6: Continuation of previous joints and practice on a joint of your choice.
Skills required: It is recommended to have participated in a wood induction workshop or a wood course with us.
In addition to the 6 sessions, this course gives you free access to 10 hours of independent workshop time to advance your project between sessions. And everyone will leave with a set of 4 ¼, ½, ¾ and 1″ chisels to practice on!
For the course starting January 25, the sessions will take place on Tuesdays January 25, 01, 08, 15, 22 and March 01 – from 6pm to 9pm.
For the weekend course starting January 29, the sessions will take place on Saturdays and Sundays January 29 and 30, February 12 and 13 and February 26 and 27 – from 10am to 1pm.
Are you a past maker? Tell us what you thought of your experience.
Pick a date
None of these dates work for you?
Be one of the first to learn about upcoming classes as they become available.