Woodworking Course – Assembly
The assembly course is there to deepen your knowledge of woodworking, to choose and make the right assembly when building a piece of furniture without screws and nails. The choice of a good assembly is fundamental to the success of furniture construction.
During 6 sessions, we will learn to be precise, patient and meticulous by using manual tools and machines to achieve different assembly techniques.
- Day 1:
- Presentation of the different assemblies we will make during the course.
- Sharpening chisels with an oil stone and water stone
- Using hand tools such as wood chisels, back saws and woodworker’s measuring instruments such as the trusquin and the square.
- Understanding the jigs on the saw bench to make joints
- Day 2: Mortise and tenon joint
- Day 3: Half-joint joint
- Day 4: Finger joint
- Day 5: Dovetail joint
- Day 6: Continuation of previous joints and practice on a joint of your choice.
Skills required: It is recommended to have participated in a wood induction workshop or a wood course with us.
In addition to the 6 sessions, this course gives you free access to 8 hours of independent workshop time to advance your project between sessions. And everyone will leave with a set of 4 ¼, ½, ¾ and 1″ chisels to practice on!
For the course starting on Saturday, September 04, the sessions will take place from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm, on Saturday, September 04 and Sunday, September 05; Saturday, September 18 and Sunday, September 19; Saturday, October 02 and Sunday, October 03.
For the courses starting on September 7th and October 13th, the sessions will take place on the same days, at the same time (6pm to 9pm), for 6 consecutive weeks.