Les Affûtés project is the fusion of two main goals:
- To make us proud to know how to do things ourselves. We are a generation of intellectual jobs, and we often feel at a loss when it’s time to create, repair or refurbish with our hands. But once the initial fear overcome, we feel so good and so proud when we create a table and look at it daily!
- Fight against the planned obsolescence of fast-bought fast-thrown objects . We grow fond of our objects, whether it is clothes, bicycle, lamp or a teddy bear. It’s often easy and quick to either repair or reuse them, so that we can keep them a little bit longer!
This project takes the shape of:
- A space, because it is how the melting pot of cultures and skills is the most interesting
- Learning workshops in different fields: woodwork, sewing, DIY, electronics, to allow all the beginners to overcome their initial shame of being beginners.
- Coaching, because we all want to create our own projects, or repair our objects, but without knowing where to begin with.