You are a wood lover and you would like to broaden your knowledge? Would you like to discover a new discipline of woodworking, through the ancient art of marquetry?
During this 6-hour course (2 sessions of 3 hours each), Sophie will take us to discover the fascinating world of marquetry! This discipline is used by cabinetmakers to create decorations made with wood veneers. We will learn the technique of curling and the different stages of wood veneer work, through the realization of a personalized geometric pattern marquetry.
- Theoritical introduction to veneer,
- Cutting techniques,
- The use of splices (cutting and assembly),
- Assembly with veneer tape,
- Gluing and clamping on the core.
- Trimming excess and sanding,
- Removal technique of the veneer tape,
- Demonstration and practice of repairs,
- Cutting and gluing of edgebands,
- Demonstration and practice of sanding (without going through!),
- Finishing techniques.
Everyone will have the choice of several wood species and designs, and will leave with a unique inlay!
Skills required: none, except a little patience and attention to detail!
The price includes all necessary materials, unlimited creativity and Sophie’s expert advice.
The November 24 training sessions will take place on Thursdays, November 24 and December 01 – from 6 to 9 pm.
The December 18 training sessions will take place on the same day, Sunday 18 from 10 am to 5 pm. Don’t forget your lunch.
The January 26 training sessions will take place on the same day, Thursday 26 from 10 am to 5 pm. Don’t forget your lunch.