Did you enjoy discovering the fundamentals of knife sharpening during your first initiation? You’ve explored and practiced on your own at home, and now you’d like to go further and perfect your skills?
This course is a continuation of the introductory course “Discovering knife sharpening“, which you need to have taken to register for this advanced workshop.
During the 3-hour workshop, led by Érik, our knife-sharpening expert, we’ll move away from the basic methods covered in Level 1, to develop our movement and acquire more knowledge.
To do this, we’ll cover the following topics:
– A quick review of the complete basic technique
– Discovering a new, effective movement to perfect your technique
– Practicing a technique to sharpen your knife faster
– When and how to use the rat-tail.
– 7 common mistakes (and how to avoid them)
– 3 professional tricks that really work
– How to sharpen scissors, pruning shears and other garden tools (with a double diamond stone)
– What to buy in the way of stones and other equipment
You’ll sharpen, experiment with various techniques, and Érik will be on hand to answer your questions.
What to bring :
– Your sharpening stones if you have them (if you don’t, there will be some for you on site)
– 3-4 knives, ideally chef’s knives (if not, bring your own)
– Scissors, pruning shears and other garden tools (optional).
The price includes all the tools needed to practice, good humor, a mountain of good advice and tomatoes for the ultimate cutting test.